Climb the 9 highest summits in each province of South Africa
The trip involves over 4000km through the 9 provinces of South Africa. The total height gain is equivalent to climbing Everest
Ok, So we are looking at doing something a tad different. A road trip that covers over 3500km and sees us climbing the 9 highest mountains in each province. A total height gain of over 8500m ( the height of Everest). The total km covered on the actual climbs is about 140km.
Soooooo, we are planning this trip for the beginning of February.
The cost? All depends on the amount of takers. Obviously the more participants, the cheaper the cost. The biggest cost is the transport which we divide amongst the number of participants.
How long will it take?
Well all depends on the conditions etc. Looking at about nine days. Starting in Limpopo an finishing in Cape Town.
We are looking at collecting as many school shoes, books, clothing etc that we intend to drop off at the various schools along the way. Any donations would be appreciated
Here they are. The 9 Summits
- KwaZulu-Natal: Mafadi (3451m), south of Mont-aux-Sources
- Free State: Namahadi Peak (3275m)
- Eastern Cape: KwaDuma (3019m), on the Lesotho border near Ongeluksnek
- Mpumalanga: Die Berg (2331m) in the Steenkampsberg
- Western Cape: Seweweekspoort Peak (2325m), near Ladismith
- Northern Cape: Murch Point, (2156m), near Nieu-Bethesda
- Limpopo: Iron Crown (2126m), East of Polokwane near Ebenezer Dam
- Gauteng: Toringkop (1913m), South-east of Jo’burg in Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve
- North-West: Nooitgedacht West (1806m), in the Magaliesberg
If you are keen, please let us know ASAP. Only 4 weeks left